{life} is beautiful

I keep forgetting how much has happened in the last several weeks until I really start to think about it. Each day has bled into the next as we have been running and twirling and walking and dancing on the crazy road of life.

My precious grandfather had to have heart surgery at the beginning of the month. He is making a wonderful recovery thus far, and is expected to bounce right back. We really weren’t expecting him to be having surgery, so that was definitely a surprise phone call when he called to let us know. Although I would have preferred that he didn’t need surgery, it was wonderful to spend time really getting to talk to him while he was up at the hospital, and now calling to check on him each day. I’m thankful the Lord allowed us this special time to get to know him better. <3

view of the hospital

interesting art sculpture of nuns on the hospital grounds

In the midst of the heart surgery, we caught what has to be the worst stomach virus of all time. It wiped all of us completely out! As soon as we seemed to be clear of that, just 3 days later, Mama and I got sick again with what I thought was just a simple cold. For me, it quickly escalated, and after days of trying to fight it both with herbal remedies and cough/cold medicine at home, my parents strongly encouraged me to go on and see a doctor. So, yesterday, for the first time in literally about 12 years, off to the doctor I went. It was a really good thing too….. the diagnosis? Walking Pneumonia and pink eye, both. :p Two shots, a breathing treatment, and three prescriptions later, and I am starting to feel much better. I had no idea it had gotten that bad. I really just thought it was a cold, and that the doctor’s office would tell me to get over it. :) I should have known something was up when it was so painful to breathe, but this is the first time I’ve ever had anything like this. I guess I’ll be a little faster in heading out to see the doctor next time, to be sure. That was miserable!

just waiting

prescription aftermath

Before the coming of the great sickness plague, we had a lot of fun attending a Scottish Country dance class. This is the first time we’ve ever tried any sort of country dancing, and what I was able to pick up was a lot of fun. The not-so-fun? Realizing that not easily remembering your lefts and rights is a HUGE problem when it comes to this sort of dance. I think I had 7-8 people yelling “go right!” or “go left!” and I would still mix it up. *sigh* Next time, I think I’m going to drink a nice cup of coffee beforehand and see if that helps. I’m always looking for a good excuse to drink coffee, and remembering lefts and rights sounds like a pretty good reason to me!

Then we had “the big flood”. We got literally 5-6 inches of rain overnight one night earlier this month. Our lake flooded about halfway up into our pasture area, and we realized later that our entire road had been blocked off on one end because the river close by had covered the road in about a foot of water. That’s a LOT of water, y’all!

Hmmm, what else?

I started school back with the littlest Lamberts. It’s been far too long since we have sat down and done preschool time! I was thankful to be able to get back to that.

We went and saw “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” with some friends. Can I just say that I absolutely loved the movie? It was perfect, with the exception of a bit of language. I think it gave me a bit of a traveling bug… now I’m wanting to go and do some exploring of my own!

Afterwards, we went and got some Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Hey, if you are less than 3 minutes away from Krispy Kreme, it’s just about mandatory that you stop and grab one. Or two. :)

I think that’s all of the past events. Today though, my friends, is a very special day. Today is the day I am getting a new baby sibling! 😀 Rest assured, there will be plenty of pictures to share when the new little one makes an appearance. In the meantime, please be keeping my mama and baby brother in your prayers during the exciting time.

Matthew and I dropped my parents off at the hospital this morning so that we could have the car while they are staying there, and then we were supposed to go to Aldi and the grocery store. Unfortunately, neither of those are open at 6:30 in the morning, which is what time it was. Matthew saw Vulcan in the distance, and asked if we might could get closer to see it. I figured we had plenty of time to kill, so off we went! We couldn’t get any closer than the parking lot, but he still was able to see it, and then, we were able to see the building for our favorite local weather and news station. That was awesome! I took a different way to get onto the interstate, so we ended up going through downtown Birmingham, a first for me. I’ve never driven through there! It ended up being easy. :) We got to drive through the new color tunnel they have put in, as well as see the outside of the newly built Region’s Field, which was really cool. I don’t drive very much off of the beaten path, so it was definitely a great new experience for me, and Matthew seemed to enjoy it as well.

Hello there, Vulcan!

I think that’s all the updates I’ve got for now. I’m going to try and make sure I blog a bit more often so I don’t fall so far behind! :)

Many blessings to you on this day!

~Miss Court

I would love to hear from you! =]