Life is a highway

Wow, what an amazing past few weeks. The Lord has been faithful to guide us through more rough areas and happy events alike as we continue to traverse the crazy road of life.

Spring has changed to summer, as it always does about this time in Alabama. We had a day this past week where it was already in the upper 80s, and we hadn’t even made it to May yet! 😀 All of the sunshine has been a blessing for our growing flowers, and the extra rain has been a blessing as well.

The most exciting “happening” lately has been bringing home Baby Lambert #13, Owen Elias. <3 As a matter of fact, I happen to be holding the baby guy right now while I am typing out this post. He has been such a good baby. We are so enjoying the blessing that he already is in our home.

I truly believe he is one of the most precious gifts of healing that has ever been given to us. This past week marked the 1st anniversary of my grandmother’s passing away, and while it was still excruciatingly difficult, I think focusing on the fact that God had sent this perfect little baby boy to our home helped ease the pain. We were focused on the precious gift of life, and less on loss through death. The Lord is so very faithful. He knows exactly what we need when we need it. <3

The next latest happening is that my brother, Josh, found a house. Last week found us getting him moved and helping him start to settle in.

It’s been odd not to have him here. We had gotten in the habit of making our coffee at about the same time in the mornings, so we would often trade stories and jokes for a bit. We’ve always been really close, so it’s definitely been different not having him here at home. I’m very excited that he found a house, and that he is enjoying the area and making sure everything is just right, but I still miss him. Change is hard, but I’m confident that this particular change is for the better. :)

Getting Josh moved in meant stretching out of my comfort zone a bit… I’ve been learning how to do some haulin’, driving our trailer back and forth to different places this week as we have had a significant amount of things to move to different places.

Once we got Josh moved in, I had to go and pick up a filing cabinet at a semi-local auction house, and then, today, I took 740 pounds of junk to the local landfill, which is roughly 45 minutes away.

All was fine and good until I got home, and while I was backing the trailer up into the spot, I ran over a piece of glass and it put a hole in one of the trailer tires. Not my brightest moment. :p It has been a lot of fun to learn how to drive though, and I’m thankful for the opportunity to try something new.

Then there was our kitty, Lyle. Lyle got hit by a car this week, and unlike our other animals who have been hit before, he survived the hit. I called our favorite vet to ask for advice as to what to do, and he walked me through a few things. Lyle was meowing and meowing, but it wasn’t his normal meow. I assumed this was because he had been hit, so I wasn’t paying as much attention to that while I was trying to figure where all he was bleeding and if any bones were broken. While I was on the phone with the vet, I realized Lyle had bitten completely through his tongue, and that his tongue was actually stuck on his teeth. I pulled his tongue up and over his teeth, and he immediately stopped meowing. The next order of business was his left eye, as the pupil was significantly less dilated than the pupil in his right eye. Our vet told me it was most likely from head trauma, and that he thought we could wait and see how he did, since I couldn’t find anything broken and he was still completely responsive. We decided to follow the advice of the vet and put him in a laundry basket in our basement, and he pretty much slept through the entire first day. By that evening, his eye was completely normal, and by the next day, he was eating soft cat food and meowing to be let out of his box.

He has made an amazingly miraculous recovery! I think the Lord knew that we still needed him in our lives. You see, it will have been a year this next week since he first arrived at our house. Our other kitty, Graysie, was ran over by car and killed at this time last year, just days after my grandmother had passed away. We were incredibly upset. Within the next week, someone came and left Lyle and a bowl of water in our front yard. The Lord had sent us a new cat! He adopted us right away and has become a family pet. I’m so thankful that the Lord chose to allow him to live through being hit- it would have been really hard to lose him in the anniversary week of him coming to be with us! He is truly our little miracle kitty. :)

I think that is all for this post. I’m going to be blogging soon about our latest road trip! :) Many blessings to you, my dear friend.

I would love to hear from you! =]